I’m excited to announce that a Grand History Trail Economic Summit will will held at 3 p.m. Oct. 30 in the Boeing Room at the Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center.
During the 50-minute session, Economic Impact Specialist Carl Knoch and I will review the vision behind the project, which we believe has the potential to make a significant economic impact on the counties and municipalities it crosses through — including York and Adams counties in Pennsylvania. By comparison, the Great Alleghany Passage in Western, Pa. generates more than $40 million annually.
After the information session, GettysBike will offer an optional one-hour, history bicycle ride. If you would like to participate and need a bicycle, just note that in your RSVP and GettysBike will provide a bike and helmet for free.
Register for the summit by RSVPing to Tom Joplin at email@example.com or 717-642-8053 by Oct. 24.
Others who are planning to attend include:
- Andrew Merkel, Acting Director Adams County Office of Planning and Development
- Jim Martin, Vice President Adams County Commissioners
- Deborah L. Adamik, President & CEO Main Street Gettysburg
- Lori Lencheski, Economic Development Specialist, Adams County Office of Planning & Development
- Tammy Myers, Gettysburg Heritage Center & Gettysburg Gift Center
- Katie Lawhon, GNMP Management Assistant
- Zach Bolitho, GNMP Chief of Resource Management
- Rick Kendall, GNMP Acting Superintendent
- Gary Laird, President of Hanover C of C
- Gwen Loose, Director of York Rail Trail Authority
- Norris Flowers, President Destination Gettysburg
- Carrie Stuart, President Gettysburg Adams Chamber of Commerce
- Sue Cipperly, Emmitsburg Planner
- Susan Naugle, Gettysburg Borough Councilperson
- Robin Fitzpatrick, President Adams County Economic Development Corporation
- Tammie Brush-Campbell, Habpi board member
- Steve Niebler, Habpi Vice President
- Tom Jolin, Habpi board member
Look forward to seeing you on Oct. 30.